Root canal therapy (endodontics) treats disorders of the nerve (pulp) of the tooth. It used to be that a tooth with a diseased or infected nerve had to be removed. In 95 percent of these cases today, however, this is no longer true. We believe in saving teeth (instead of removing them) and we will make every effort to save yours.
When the cavity extends beyond the Enamel and Dentin and progresses to the Pulp, it gives rise to severe pain. In such a situation, before a filling can be done the infection has to be removed from the canals of the tooth. This treatment is called a Root Canal Treatment. The tooth is made numb so that there is no pain and the canals are cleaned out.
Root Canal Treatment is basically a Blind procedure because we can not visually see where we are working. Although despite this the success rates for Root Canal Treatment are very good.
1. Significant constant pain specifically increased during night.
2. Sensitivity upon hot and cold food.
3. Pain on chewing.
4. Discolouration of tooth.
5. swelling of the face.
6. Pain is not always the criteria for root canal treatment. Absence of pain also require root canal treatment.
7. Consequences due to unattended tooth.
8. Chronic pus formation can create abscess or cyst.
9. Spread of infection from the involved tooth to the adjacent teeth.
10. Inability to chew.
© 2014 Jay Dental Clinic . All rights reserved | Design by Nirvanza Infotech