There are two types of filling materials available.
1) Tooth coloured filling
2) Silver filling
Tooth coloured filling is made up of a nontoxic composite resin that can be exactly matched to your existing natural tooth colour. This material bonds to the tooth creating a tight, superior fit to the natural tooth. Composite resins are a better alternative because it is tooth coloured which helps to create a long lasting beautiful smile. Fortunately, silver fillings can safely be replaced with tooth coloured restorations.
People use to have Silver/ Amalgam fillings in their mouth. But there are many disadvantages of using it as it contains 50 percent of mercury, a highly toxic and harmful metal which causes minor to lethal following complications and hence avoided by the dentist now a days but still in some cases it is indicated.
1. Discolouration of tooth.
2. Unaesthetically pleasing.
3. Spongy gums and bleeding teeth.
4. Tooth becomes loose in the socket.
5. Excessive salivation.
6. Digestive disturbances, psychological problems and asthma.
7. UK Department of Health issued a warning to pregnant women to avoid having dental amalgam fillings during pregnancy to avoid possible harm to foetus.
© 2014 Jay Dental Clinic . All rights reserved | Design by Nirvanza Infotech